Please send all applications to: Cindy@corbettlandstrategies.ca
Corbett Land Strategies is a boutique Land Use Planning and Development Consulting firm that prides itself on innovate and creative planning solutions. We are dedicated to developing the professional aptitudes of our staff in a culture that is rewarding and forward thinking. Personal growth of our staff and service to our clients are our top priorities.
Due to the on-going growth of our firm, we find ourselves in need of a Senior Development Planner.
We are searching for an individual to join our team in our new location in Burlington. We are currently working from home and will transition into the new office in June 2021. The successful candidate will provide planning services to both public and private sector clients. You will assume a leadership role in managing development approvals and conduct project management for our diverse range of clients. The individual will be expected to be self-directed and motivated to provide exceptional service to our clients and assist in the growth of our company possessing the following skill set:
Reporting to the Vice-President of Development Planning you will:
- Analyze the planning status of potential development sites;
- Provide input to project budgets and proformas.
- Provide input/advice into development design and project management.
- Prepares and manages municipal development applications which may include official plan amendments, zoning by-laws, site plans, severances minor variances, draft plans of subdivision and coordinating agency approvals;
- Reviewing consultant reports and design submissions in support of development proposals;
- Provides project management expertise for a range of planning and development related projects including management of sub-consultants of various disciplines.
- Undertaking land use related research and preparing related reports;
- Attends and makes presentations to approval authorities including municipalities, conservation authorities and other government/non-government authorities;
- Provides expert testimony at various tribunals including the Ontario Municipal Board (now LPAT) and committees of adjustment; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Co-ordinates work program to junior planning and technical staff;
- Undertakes business development activities on behalf of the corporation;
- Monitors project budgets and work programs
- A university degree in Urban Planning or related field;
- Full membership or eligibility in OPPI;
- A minimum of 5 years land use planning experience in Ontario;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A strong work ethic with an ability to work independently or in group situations;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD & SketchUP (or similar) an asset;
- Working knowledge of development financing and proforma development an asset;
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and access to an automobile required.
Please send your applications to: Cindy@CorbettLandStrategies.ca